There’s a first for everything. I’ve never done a “favourites” post. Yup, that’s favourites with a big fat “U” in between the “O” and the “R”, y’all. These were my favourite products for the month of March:
1. Grapefruits. Favorite nightly snack whilst catching up on episodes of Kourtney & Kim take New York (guilty pleasure) or watching a movie. I especially looooooove the smell of grapefruit zest/peel/CITRUS in general. Hhhooomgad soooo refreshing.
2. Maybelline Falsies Mascara. This product has been love/hate. Maybe I got the dud because so many people seem to be raving about this mascara. Sometimes it goes on really clumpy. Sometimes it goes on really nice. When the latter happens, the volume is pretty fab. I won’t ever repurchase it though.
3. NARS blush in “Gina”. Okay forget the hype about Orgasm, it’s really not that great. Not sure why they don’t sell Gina at Sephora but they do have it at the Bay. This has been a perpetual favourite of mine ever since I got it. Possibly my HG. It’s such a great matte peachy colour, perfect for spring. I hit pan on it the other day, it was indeed an exciting moment.
4. Longchamp “Le Pliage” in Bilberry. This was definitely an impulse purchase at the London Heathrow airport during my journey back to Canadaland. Bilberry was the Le Pliage colour I had been coveting the entire time in Europe but it was pretty much sold out everywhere. Then I spotted it in London and well, the rest is history. It’s the perfect size for a Mary Poppins bag.
5. Smith’s Rosebud Salve in Minted Rose. If you know me, you know I can’t go anywhere without my Rosebud Salve. This is pretty much the best product ever. I usually use it as lipbalm but other uses have included: broken cuticles; when the skin around a zit is dry – put it on under your foundation and it won’t look as flaky; when your shoe is rubbing and hurting your toe – rub it on the toe that’s rubbing against the shoe.. yeah awesome stuff.
6. OPI “Teenage Dream”. Could not find a full size bottle of this pretty pink glitter anywhere! Eventually had to settle for the mini bottle set that came with 3 other colours (and eventually got the full sized version of it). Was a little skeptical at first, but Teenage Dream is the bombbbb-diggiiitttyyyyy. Trust. It’s wonderful.
7. OPI “A Good Mandarin is Hard to Find”. This one is from the Hong Kong collection circa spring/summer 2010 methinks, so it’s old news. But it’s NEW news to me! I’m turning over a new leaf and giving orange a chance. This is a really vibrant, hella bright orangey-red creme and I’m swooning.
8. Hunter Wellies. One of my favorite purchases in Europa and I reeeeally enjoy that they’re bright RED! Anyways, they’re necessary on the random days that the weather is above zero i.e. there is HOPE that spring might happen eventually….
9. Urban Decay Naked Palette. Believe the hype.
That is all. Do any of you know where I can procure one of them fancy grapefruit spoons? Don’t say Williams-Sonoma cuz I don’t really wanna fork over $15 for a spoon.