It’s been a while since my last favourites post, but honestly I didn’t really have any favourites during the last few months of summer aside from bare legs, sunshine, & hiking in the mountains. Even though I’m devastated that it won’t be summer again for another 7+ months, I’m excited to finally embrace the burgundy wine colours (favourite colour family!) and slip into some cozy fall knits. Below are a few of my favourites from the end of September/mostly beginning of October.
1. “Darkly My Dear” blush was from MAC’s Fall 2010 Villainous Villains collection. It’s a matte dirty brown plum – a welcome change from summer’s bright peachy-pink cheek colours.
2. Pseudo cashmere blend sweaters have become my default work attire when I sleep in and need to throw on a quick outfit in the mornings.
3. Painting my nails black to match the colour of my heart…. jk. My favourite nail polishes of all time are my matte/creme dark vampy reds, but it always feels inappropriate to wear these dark colours during the summer. Left to right: Lady Like, Licorice, and Wicked.
4. “Plum Bright” from MAC’s Fall Colour/Cindy Sherman collection is surprisingly sheer despite it’s appearance in the tube and therefore isn’t as scary for everyday use.
5. “Dark Diversion” is a fluidline that I’ve been long wishing for. I pretty much called every MAC store in my city to hunt this one down (it was sold out in all the stores save for the one that miraculously had 2 left in stock). Anyway, the description says it’s a darkened plum and the product is so smooth and pigmented. It’s fall colour perfection!
6. D&G L’Imperatrice (The Empress) is my new favourite fragrance aside from my go-to, D&G Light Blue. Unlike Light Blue (when you wear it, everyone around you smells it), L’Imperatrice is a mellower “come hither” scent. Ugh, it just smells so good. PS – Why is it that every womens fragrance either smells like you’ve bathed in cotton candy OR smells so strongly of musk?! Not a fan.
7. Adele – Someone Like You
Less is more. I like how the simplicity of this video doesn’t distract from the raw emotion of the song, yet the cinematography captures it so perfectly! The juxtaposition of walking along the Seine river while being miserable and lonely in Paris, the most romantic city in the world, is exquisitely ironic! I sound like such a weirdo saying words like, “cinematography” and “juxtapose” hahahah I promise you I’m not pretentious like that! But the beauty of the video commands that I use sophisticated words to describe it. I get goosebumps whenever I hear this song and the video makes me love it even more!!!
8. FALL TV SHOWS! Current roster: HIMYM, Glee, Modern Family, Community, New Girl, 2 Broke Girls, Whitney, and Revenge. AND DEXTER’S BACK!!! (Did I forget anything?)
MMmmmkay that’s all for now. To my Canadian readers, hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving and ate lots of turkey and pumpkin pie :)