Warm September nights of weeks past called for simple, light, and refreshing dinners… I just couldn’t handle standing over a hot stove in the lingering summer heat! This salad was such an easy throw-together-meal (and nutrient packed with the baby kale, spinach, and hemp seeds) that I had to share… and who doesn’t like white peaches?!
What you need (serves 1):
For the salad:
– A few handfuls of baby kale & spinach, or whatever greens you have in your fridge.
– 1 grilled or boiled chicken breast, sliced into strips
– 2-3 tbsp slivered almonds + whatever nuts/seeds you prefer. I had some pumpkin & sunflower seeds so I sprinkled those in there too for added protein.
– 1 tbsp hemp seeds
– 1/2 white peach, sliced into wedges. A pear would also work when peaches are no longer in season.
For the dressing:
– 1/2 tbsp olive oil
– 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
– 1 tsp honey ginger balsamic vinegar**
1. Throw greens into a medium sized bowl.
2. Put the oil + vinegar into a small jar, cover with a lid, and shake shake shake (or whisk whisk whisk in a bowl) until the mixture looks uniform.
3. Pour vinaigrette over your greens. Toss.
4. Add the chicken, almonds, and seeds. Toss.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl/dish & garnish with the white peach.
Et voila! In true #singlegirldinner style, I had mine with a glass of chilled white wine :)
** (I buy my flavoured olive oils & balsamic vinegars from this fantastic store in Edmonton called EVOOlution. Their staff is incredibly knowledgeable, and they carry such an extensive variety of oils & vinegars with note cards that have suggested pairings, I honestly just want to buy the entire store. It’s dangerous.)